Monday, October 21, 2013

Taking the Plunge


           This morning I woke up and decided to start a new blog. This has been on my 'to-do list' for a very, very long time. Needless to say, I'm very good at putting things off. The fact that I'm actually starting to tackle this project makes today a success. While I don't consider myself particularly computer-savvy, I do believe that it's always good to keep learning. I guess this blog is a way for me to learn something new, keep an online record of my life, and possibly even share some of my joys, frustrations, and insights in the process.

           I lead a pretty simple life as a stay-at-home mom. I'd be lying to say that I always love what I do, cause who honestly loves changing poopy diapers, battling temper tantrums, and watching your toddler go on a rampage and destroy the house in a fraction of the time that you spent cleaning it? Sometimes being a stay-at-home mom drives me crazy! There is no break from my job. I am on-call 24/7 and everything that I do is effectively undone rather quickly. It's pretty frustrating work. However, it's also the most rewarding thing that I've ever done. I love being there to see my little girl discover new things during the day. I love watching her play and interact with other people. I love blowing bubbles with her, coloring with chalk, going on walks, and reading books. And, as much as I might beg to differ in the moment, I do love finding the cheerios on the floor, my hairbrush in the toilet, band-aids on my produce, and shoes in the dishwasher. I know that I will miss the mess someday, so why not try to laugh and enjoy it now? It's such a joy to see the world through a child's eyes and rediscover the excitement in the small and simple things of everyday life. Those are the things that collectively make life so wonderful, and it's incredible to share them with someone that I love!


No comments:

Post a Comment