Thursday, September 11, 2014

One Room A Day


A couple of days ago, my genius husband proposed that I only focus on cleaning one room a day instead of stressing over the entire apartment and never feeling satisfied. Not only did he come up with this awesome solution, but he helped me clean the living room to get me started. He's a keeper! His idea is that deep cleaning and keeping one room tidy is a lot more doable and so I'm a lot more likely to actually do it. If every room gets cleaned once a week, it's never really that dirty. I feel like cleaning is like everything else in life. It's important, but needs to be done in moderation so I focus more on the kiddos and maintain my sanity. Some people can keep their homes immaculate and still be awesome mothers, but I can't do that at this point in my life, and I need accept that. Someday I'll be able to keep a much cleaner home when I don't have little cyclones with sticky fingers and runny noses whizzing about destroying everything in their path.

My mom used to have a picture with a poem in her bedroom that read: 

Hush a bye cobwebs, 
dust go to sleep. 
I'm rocking my baby, 
and babies don't keep!

I'm sure I'll miss the mess someday. In the meantime, I'll tackle what I can and be happy :-) I can't believe I never thought of the one room a day solution before. Thank you Austin! 


Taking a moment to enjoy the clean living room before plotting how to destroy it ;)

My home is never clean for long thanks to these two cuties - but they are so worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I recently started doing something similar, I picked one 'big' task per day and then every day I do the basics like making the bed and doing dishes, then each day I have the one task, like mopping or cleaning the bathrooms. Sooo much less stressful! Good luck! Your girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete