Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Hectic yet Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween!

          This has been a fun, memorable, but stressful Halloween. Lydia was in the process of getting in four new canines, and that does not typically make for a good day. She refused to go down for a nap and was whiny and hysterical all afternoon. My arms and nerves were worn out by the time we were supposed to go to the medical school for the Halloween trick-or-treat party. 


I'm so glad I decided to bring Lydia despite her crankiness. She transformed back into the happy and sweet little girl I know. It didn't take long for her to get the hang of trick-or-treating this time around, and she willingly went from office to office carefully selecting her candy and putting it in her spider bag. We even managed to get her in the habit of signing "thank you" to people. She clutched her bag of candy to her chest while at the party and spent most of the evening sorting through her goodies.


I was very proud of Lydia for taking a good half hour to brush her teeth after eating all that candy. She was pretty excited to use the new toothbrush I got her.


And of course, no Halloween is complete until you do the Michael Jackson "Thriller" dance with Austin.


We had a small Halloween party at our apartment after Lydia was in bed. I attempted to make donuts, but I kinda killed the yeast. Austin stopped me just as I was about to throw away the dough and give up. He convinced me to at least try frying them first to see if they tasted good. Although they weren't much to look at, Austin was right and they did taste pretty yummy. It was fun having our friends and neighbors over for donuts and cider. All in all, it was a pretty good Halloween!



Oh how I love my sweet neighbors! And yes, in our household it's considered common courtesy to serve baby lotion with our cider and donuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment