Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Cheesy Post (The WI State Fair)

The Wisconsin State Fair is a fat man's paradise. Ok, maybe that's not the most politically correct thing to say, but I think it's a requirement for everything there to be deep fried and served on a stick. It's the perfect excuse to put that future diet on hold just a little longer to binge on anything and everything that is likely to kill you someday. But it's delicious, so worth it, right? At least we ended up having to park a mile and a half away, which kinda makes up for those incredible deep fried bacon wrapped tater tots.


As always, Brynlee was in awe of all the hustle and bustle and was content as long as I was holding her. (At least she consented to being in the stroller during the long walk to and from the fair). That girl loves to intently stare at people - and let me tell you, the fair is the BEST place for people watching! 



This stand caught my eye. Believe it or not, Austin's had a Krispy Kreme burger. (I believe he earned a dollar for eating it.) It sounds terrible to me. But it definitely fits the unhealthy criteria to become fair food, so I can't say that I'm surprised it's a thing.


Lydia loved the wildlife conservation center which had some turtles and frogs that she could look at. The big hit was the camping play area where she could walk around with fake food and bring them into the mini tents. (We'll teach her about the dangers of that later.)




Lydia loved the teepee! Once upon a time she was terrified of them.





Brynlee was pretty upset that I wouldn't share my deep-fried cookie dough with her. I can't blame her, it was delicious! Poor girl!




Besides the deep-fried bacon wrapped tater tots and deep-fried cookie dough, we had a massive pickle, mexican style corn, and a bratwurst. So So Good! If only my stomach could have handled more food. There were a million other things I wanted to try. 

Lydia loved looking at the bunnies. She bounced up and down the aisles while taking a break every now and then to peek in at them and say: 'hop hop bunny, hop!'



It might take my stomach a year to recuperate. Then I will go back to the fair and fill up on cheese curds and everything deep-fried to make myself sick all over again. It's a deliciously tragic cycle. Anyway, we had fun! Ironically, although we grumbled about having to park so far away, the long walk back to the car was one of the highlights for us as both girls were happy and the twilight sky was vibrant with wispy clouds highlighted in pink. It was a beautiful day! I can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment