Thursday, August 7, 2014

Visiting Family and Wisconsin Dells!


Grandpa, Grandma, and Eliza flew out to Milwaukee to visit Lydia and Brynn this past week. Boy were my girls excited to see them! We had a blast at the Kalahari in Wisconsin Dells. From water slides to wildlife, there is definitely no shortage of things to do there! We had a lot of fun and it was neat being able to see my folks and share a little bit of Wisconsin with them. Austin finally got a Spreckers rootbeer for my dad. (Rootbeer and ice cream are his favorite treats, so I had a feeling he would love Wisconsin.) My only regret is that we were too tired to make it to the state fair before everyone had to leave. I wonder if cheese curds would survive priority mail? It was sad saying good-bye earlier today, but I'm so happy that they came to visit. Lydia has been calling out 'Papa, are you?!' Poor girl. They will be missed...

This isn't exactly related to my post, but isn't Brynn cute? It took her a while to warm up to rice cereal. Surprisingly enough, she likes green beans more than anything now. This would be her 'Mom, where's my food!' face. She has the most intense stare I've ever seen in a baby!

And when she's not being a little grump, she has the sweetest gummy smile I've ever seen :)



After church on Sunday, we went to the park right off of Lake Michigan. I think it's one of the most beautiful places in Milwaukee. I'm glad I got to share it with them.  


Daddy is Lydia's best buddy!

Getting ready to go!

Brynlee spent some quality time with Grandma at the waterpark




Lydia was pretty angry that she couldn't touch the ground while in this bouncy chair. That is pretty much a cruel form of torture for this girl. Needless to say, she didn't last long in there.

Brynn didn't know what to think!



I'm sure Lydia must have set some sort of record for how many times she went down this blue slide without taking a break or getting bored. This child must be related to the energy bunny. I was anxious that she was going to hurt herself cause she kept trying to jump while at the top of the slide. Keeping up with Lydia is never an easy task. It was definitely worth seeing her so happy, though!




I wasn't allowed to take pictures by them, but there were two baby tigers in an exhibit as you walked into the main building. As we were coming in one time, we walked right past someone transporting the tiger cubs and they were holding them like they were sweet little puppies in their arms. They were so so cute and playful. I loved the Kalahari's African safari theme!

Getting ready for another day of water fun!


Luckily Lydia loved the outdoor water swing









This was how I found Brynn after coming back from a water slide run with Liza. (My dad had been watching her.) I was kinda afraid that she was dead there for a moment... How is it that she will nap like that but not on her back in a crib?

The Kalahari had a free cookie decorating contest


Pretty sure Lydia wins an award for face decorating





Lydia loves sitting on Papa's lap and reading books


The second night that we were there, we went to the Tommy Bartlet show off the lake and saw some INCREDIBLE water skiing stunts. Lydia didn't understand that they were supposed to be flipping around and was very worried about the athletes. She loved Aqua the clown but kept saying "uh oh, owie!" whenever he wiped out on purpose. She is such a sympathetic little girl.

This was Lydia's favorite stunt which she called the 'fire kite'


The Kalahari also gave us free tickets for the Timbavati Wildlife Park. It was pretty awesome!

I had never seen a white tiger before. It was so cool!


Just chillin next to my friend Cosmo


Yes, we are actually feeding the giraffes carrots! Lydia may have taken a few bites out of the giraffe food before she realized what she was actually supposed to be doing with them. She loved it! 



Giraffes have the most amazing tongues! They were like massive slobbery worms that would wriggle around trying to find carrots. And they are so long...


Hello cute girl!
Note that 'Kittia' (Lydia's stuffed animal) gets a front row seat while Brynlee is stuck in the back...







Lydia's second favorite animal, next to the giraffe, was the tiger. I'm pretty sure that "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" has something to do with that.


Lemurs also have pretty cool tongues



I don't know what that was exactly, but it was cute :)

Feeding a baby zebra - it was so soft and fluffy!

My first pig race! The announcer used so many pig jokes that it hurt. Lindey Lo'ham' won this race. Arnold Schwarz'ham'negger won the next...





Driving through the Dells is so much fun! I love seeing all the different themes for water parks! This one looked especially cool.

I'd better start training for the zombie apocalypse now cause I'm pretty sure I wouldn't last five minutes!

We finished our trip by breaking out the dance moves!


Thanks for visiting Gamma, Papa, and Liza. We had so much fun with you!




1 comment:

  1. So nice that they got to come and visit! Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete